Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting Ready For Your First Run


I'm looking to get back into shape for exercise. In 76 years of age, tend to be a better look at your general health and stop thinking that you're invulnerable. I've always stayed pretty much in good shape, but after 12 years of military service can be dropped in the sedentary lifestyle of civilians that included slave labor in the office two hours and change, in both directions. It did not leave much time to rest, let alone exercise.

Add a combination of a reasonably healthy diet, junk food, and a few beers after work every day and it all leads to the fact that at least 20 pounds overweight. So, with great determination, I decided to continue their exercise regime, and include some running in the schedule.

Let's be clear. I was completely sedentary. Until about three years ago I was a daily exercise regimen with 10 pounds dumbbells, which lasted about half an hour per day and include a minimum of 25-50 repetitions of each exercise different. By the end of half an hour to work up a good sweat. I do not recommend it to everyone. I am not a professional and I do not know much about exercise, but it worked for me and I felt good after my workout.

Return to Exercise

I think the point of all this, in order to move your butt enough so that you can feel the pressure. If you want to keep the mobility exercise as I did. If you want to look like Charles Atlas and Arnold Schwarzenegger have really drive yourself and make a lot more. I sweat a lot more.

You should also know in advance that it does not take much to get me sweating. I have a bad case of emphysema and I thoracotomy surgery on my right lung 12 years ago. Not only did I sweat, but I can very quickly develop shortness of breath and my nose starts running every time I moved all over my normal rhythm.

but I try to be realistic about it. I stopped because I exercise the wrist and elbow joints were starting to ache. I thought I'd lay off for a time that turned into a very long hiatus of two years. I got lazy. However, as lazy, did nothing for my waist and I got at least another inch when I was supposed to be taking off inches.

So far, my running consists of a long walk up a half hour checking out the neighborhood. Besides the exercise has its rewards. You will be able to see what changes are taking place, and you get a chance to meet lots of people who would not otherwise visit.

a couple of weeks of walking, combined with my exercise regimen should get me ready for real work. Maybe even all the way around the block.

0 comments:

Post a Comment